Welcome to our 21 Day Fast page!
What is the Daniel Fast?
The Daniel Fast is a 21-day partial fast based on Daniel’s own experiences as recorded in the Bible (Daniel 9:3). The purpose is to restrict commonly enjoyed foods as an act of worship & consecration to God.
What foods can we eat on the Daniel Fast?
- All fruit & vegetables
- All whole grains Amaranth, barley, brown rice, oats, quinoa, millet & whole wheat
- All nuts & seeds (nut butter included)
- All legumes
- Oils Coconut, olive, peanut & sesame
- Beverages Distilled, filtered & spring water
- Other Unsweetened almond, rice or soy milk; raw honey, herbs, spices, sea salt, pepper, seasonings, soy products & tofu
Drink plenty of water each day.
What foods should we avoid on the Daniel Fast?
- All meat & animal products
- All dairy products Butter, cheese, cream, eggs & milk
- All sweeteners Artificial sweeteners, cane juice, molasses, raw sugar, syrups, Stevia & sugars
- All leavened bread & yeast Baked goods & bread containing yeast
- All refined & processed food
- All deep-fried foods Corn chips, French fries & potato chips
- All solid fats Lard, margarine & shortening
- Beverages Carbonated drinks, coffee, energy drinks, herbal tea & tea
What are some other ways I can fast?
We understand that for medical reasons, not everyone is able to do a full Daniel Fast. Consider these other options:
- A Daily Meal Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
- A Food Group Meat, Sweets, Solids or Breads
- An Adapted Daniel Fast Add proteins
- Digital Entertainment TV, Social Media, Streaming Platforms or Video Games